Marc Márquez: MotoGP - Thai Grand Prix
Honda’s Marc Márquez sealed his fourth consecutive MotoGP title with four races to spare after winning the Thai Grand Prix this Sunday. The Spaniard had to score two points more than Italian Ducati rival Andrea Dovizioso, who finished in a distant fourth place at Buriram’s Chang International Circuit.
The title was the sixth MotoGP title of Márquez’s grand prix career - the 26 year old has now become the youngest ever rider to achieve this feat. It was his eighth career title overall – he was 125cc (now Moto3) world champion in 2010 and Moto2 winner in 2012.
Márquez's motorcycle is powered by RK Chain, a brand which we supply here at Chains & Sprockets - click here to view our extensive range of RK Motorcycle Chains.
RK chains are also a favourite of the world's biggest motorcycle brands - not only Honda but also Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, KTM, Ducati and Triumph all use RK for factory fitment.
Thailand MotoGP results:
1. Marc Marquez (Spa/Honda) 39mins 36.2secs
2. Fabio Quartararo (Fra/Yamaha) +0.171secs
3. Maverick Vinales (Spa/Yamaha) +1.380s
4. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita/Ducati) +11.218s
5. Alex Rins (Spa/Suzuki) +11.449s
6 Franco Morbidelli (Ita/Yamaha) +14.466s
7. Joan Mir (Spa/Suzuki) +18.729s
8. Valentino Rossi (Ita/Yamaha) +19.162s
9. Danilo Petrucci (Ita/Ducati) +23.425s
10. Takaaki Nakagami (Jpn/Honda) +29.423s
1. Marc Marquez (Spa/Honda) 325 points
2. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita/Ducati) 215
3. Alex Rins (Spa/Suzuki) 167
4. Maverick Vinales (Spa/Yamaha) 163
5. Danilo Petrucci (Ita/Ducati) 162
6. Valentino Rossi (Ita/Yamaha) 145
7. Fabio Quartararo (Fra/Yamaha-SRT) 143
8. Jack Miller (Aus/Ducati-Pramac) 119
9. Cal Crutchlow (GB/Honda-LCR) 102
10. Franco Morbidelli (Ita/Yamaha-SRT) 90